Reporting to the Deputy Fire Chief responsible for Fire Operations, plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the emergency and non-emergency activities of a fire suppression team; commands emergency response scenes; directs and performs a variety of staff support functions; plans, organizes, coordinates and directs fire inspection and prevention programs; develops training programs for all firefighter staff; maintains directly or indirectly, the assigned Fire Hall, the rolling stock assigned to that Fire Hall along with any supporting equipment, tools etc.; and performs or assigns related work as required.
Click here for the full Fire Captain Job Description
You will be required to attend monthly and special meetings as scheduled, and all mandatory training sessions.
Applicants must be willing to obtain their CPR, First Aid Certification and DZ driver’s licence within their probationary period - usually one year. All fees applicable to these requirements are paid for by the Township of Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards. Successful applicants will be required, at their own cost, to provide a current criminal records check. A job description is available at the Municipal Office at 1 John St. in Killaloe, and on the municipal website at killaloe-hagarty-richards.ca.
Wage Range: $20.00-$24.00 per hour for firefighting. In-training start rate is 80% with an increase after 6 months and after completion of the probationary requirements. A flat rate applies to practice/fire meetings.
Please forward your application, stating your qualifications, to the undersigned.
Submit Applications to:
Fire Chief BoB Gareau
Township of Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards
1 John Street, P.O. Box 39
Killaloe, ON K0J 2A0
Please be advised that only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.The Township of Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER
There is an application and boarding process to be a firefighter in the Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards Fire Department (KHRFD). The process and requirements are as follows.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older.
2. You must hold a valid Ontario G licence or higher classification in order for you to obtain a DZ certification within your probationary period in order to be able to drive some of the fire apparatus.
3. You must reside or work in the township or live sufficiently close to the township that you can receive radio communications and be able to respond to a fire call in a reasonable period of time.
4. You must pass an OPP Security check.
5. You are to submit a short c.v. to the attention of the Fire Chief which includes your personal identifying information such as name, address telephone number, and indicate why you want to be a firefighter.
6. A staffing board consisting of the Mayor, the Councillor responsible for the fire department, the Deputy Fire Chief, and the Fire Chief will be convened to interview you.
7. If the staffing board deems you would be a good fit for the fire department then the staffing board will make a recommendation to full council to hire you.
8. If Council accepts you as an employee, you will be required to complete documentation as required.
9. Once all that has been processed your probationary period of one (1) year will commence.
10. At that time you will be provided with a fire department orientation and provided with all of your gear.
11. You will be expected to attend all meetings while on probation and attendance at all training sessions is mandatory. They are usually monthly in nature.
WE WANT YOU!! - JOIN OUR TEAM Recruiting now!
KILLALOE, HAGARTY & RICHARDS FIRE DEPARTMENT
Contact the Fire Chief at (613) 401-6982 for information